f4aviation Holiday Information & what to do when you're there

Category Archives: Aviation News

Long haul to get cheaper

March 29, 2014 | Aviation News, Travel News | Permalink

Well we don’t know the fine details yet but the budget this year has promised to overhaul the crazy Air Passenger Duty (APD) and it surely is not before time when it cost more duty to fly to Hawaii than it would to say India or even China. Frankly the whole system is crazy and […]

Ryanair ejects passenger over luggage

November 22, 2012 | Aviation News | Permalink

Not doing itself any favours again a video has been shown online showing a Spanish passenger at Valencia airport being ejected from one of its ‘planes by police for having a book and a scroll which would not fit into the hand luggage she had. Other passengers in the video were heard offering to put […]

5 Best Flight Simulator X Videos

September 4, 2009 | Aviation News | Permalink

After browsing Youtube the other day we thought that we would publish our own Top 10 Best Flight Simulator Videos. 1.  This our number 1 video just for the varity of planes and comedy value of the ATC Lady.   2. A video of Micrsoft Flight Simulator through the years slightly long but very interesting. 3.  […]

India grounds Sea Harriers after latest fatal crash

August 26, 2009 | Aviation News | Permalink

Today India’s navy has temporarily grounded its squadron of Sea Harrier FRS51’s. This has been prompted after a fatal crash which has reduced its fleet that original was 30 when the aircraft where purchased in the 1980’s to just 11. In the latest crash the Sea Harrier FRS51 crashed into the sea killing its pilot, […]

Spanair Replacing Aircraft with Airbuses

August 20, 2009 | Aviation News | Permalink

Spanair are set to replace 11 McDonnell Douglas aircraft, with some new Airbus aircraft next year when the current contracts run out on their MD-82’s and MD-87’s Spanair is hoping to eventually move to an entire Airbus fleet which are manufactured in France. This news has come days after a report has been released about […]

Air China Buy More shares In Cathay Pacific

August 18, 2009 | Aviation News | Permalink

Air China has just paid $808m for small 12.5% share hold of Cathay Pacific. But since they already owned 17.49% there total stake of Cathay Pacific to 29.99%. This total is marginally short of the mark which would see Air China make a compulsory takeover bid. Air China bought its extra shares from CITIC, who […]